There are some things that are just better homemade; it may be that it saves you money, it tastes better, or you just like the comfort of knowing what the ingredients are. We’ve rounded up 30 items that are better homemade, and you won’t need a PhD to make them!
Playdough is really easy to make and fun for kids of all ages. It will save you money making your own and you can easily whip some up whenever the need arises. There are a few different methods available online for different scents, colors or even textures; the possibilities are endless. Here is an easy no-cook method so that the kids can help make it too.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1½ cups salt
- Food coloring
- Add the water to a large mixing bowl.
- Add food coloring to make the color of playdough that you want. Be somewhat generous with the coloring to get right color once all the other ingredients are added.
- Mix the coloring and water well.
- Add the flour and salt and start to stir.
- Add the cooking oil and begin mixing. If the mixture is too crumbly add more oil until you have the right consistency.
- Knead all the ingredients together until the playdough is soft and well mixed.
- For storage place the playdough in plastic bags or in a plastic container.